Making another tahu isi , as I told you before that it is one of my hubby fav. Tahu isi is tofu filled with bean sprouts, carrots and cabbage. Then you dip it into batter and deep fried until the colour turn into golden brown and crisp. It is commonly found in fritters vendors (Indonesian called tukang gorengan). Commonly eaten with cabai rawit (bird’s eye chili). It’s becoming one of the most popular variant of tahu goreng in Indonesia.
I can also bring it as potluck in every occasion like birthday party, picnic or it can be served as entree when we have our friend coming for lunch or dinner. Even if I want to make high tea with Indonesian style, tahu isi is always favourite menu.
- 1 pack tofu
- 100 gr cabbage
- 100 gr beansprout
- 1 carrot
- 1 shallot, grounded
- 1 garlic, grounded
- salt and pepper to taste
for the batter:
- 3 tbs plain flour
- 1 tbs rice flour
1. mixed water, plain flour and rice flour to make batter. set aside.
2. stir fry coleslaw, shallot and garlic. add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Using spoon or your hand, gently put the vegetable stir fry into the tofu as much as you can fit in.
4. Dip gently the tofu into the batter.
5. Deep fried in hot oil until it turn golden brown and crisp.
6. Serve with eye bird chilies or chili sauce.