Just called it my husband favourite snack. He always eat it for break the fasting during the ramadhan period. In Indonesia you can find it in any street food seller. The usually sold it with another fritters like vegetable fritters, banana fritters, sweet potato fritters and cireng. But now here, i have to make it by myself. After trying some recipes, this one is the best one for me 🙂
1 pack tofu
200 gr coleslaw
100 gr beansprout
1 shallot, grounded
1 garlic, grounded
salt and pepper to taste
for the batter:
3 tbs plain flour
1 tbs rice flour
1. mixed water, plain flour and rice flour to make batter. set aside.
2. stir fry coleslaw, shallot and garlic. add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Using spoon or your hand, gently put the vegetable stir fry into the tofu as much as you can fit in.
4. Dip gently the tofu into the batter.
5. Deep fried in hot oil until it turn golden brown and crisp.
6. Serve with eye bird chilies or chili sauce.
you can use shredded cabbage and carrot instead of coleslaw.
It’s Summer time!!! Need something fresh and cold. Should be something that wouldn’t ruin my diet 🙂 better had veggies as a snack. Think about veggie, fresh and cold. It must be Asinan Bogor. Asinan Bogor is made from fruit or veggies serve with sweet, hot and sour sauce, for the one with fruit, you could find the recipe here. The taste is sweet, hot and sour. If you like it hot, just added more chilli in it. The origin of this kind of rujak is from Bogor – West Java. Everyone who goes to Bogor should try it. The mixed between fruit of veggies and sauce make it so fresh in your mouth, especially when it served cold.
Asinan Sayur Bogor
Source : Sajian Sedap
- 1 Green Mango
- 1 cucumber
- 1 packet of coleslaw
- 1/2 packet of bean sprout
500 ml water
5 red chili, throw away seed
150 gr sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried shrimp
4 tbs vinegar
- Grater green mango and make a thin slices of cucumber.
- Grounded shrimp paste, chili, salt and 2 tbs sugar.
- Bring to boil 500 ml water and remaining sugar in a pan. Cook until sugar dissolved.
- Put grounded ingredients into the pan. Mixed well.
- Set aside and let it cool.
- Put all the vegetables in a big bowl.
- Pour the sauce into the bowl. Mixed well.
- Put in a jar and let it in a fridge for at least 3 hours (better you let it over night).
- Ready to serve
Don’t know what to say but i missed this kind of food, which called Ketupat Sayur. I usually eat it for breakfast when i was in Jakarta. Me and my husband bought it near my office at bus shelter Kuningan. I really missed it 🙁 My mom usually made it for Christmas or Lebaran. It’s a special food for us. Now I tried to make it by myself. And the taste is not so bad, my husband told me it was a blast 🙂 He never dissapointed me, my cooking always a blast for him. Thanks dad 🙂
250 gr beef
400 ml coconut milk + 600 ml water
salt and sugar to taste
1/2 squash, cut thin slices
20 green beans, cut thin slices
1 carrots, cut thin slices/stick shape
1. Ground all ingredients except beef and coconut milk.
2. Boiled beef until half tender
3. Stir fry grounded ingredients until fragrance come out then pour it into boiled beef.
4. Add all vegetables and coconut milk and cook until beef and vegetables tender.
5. Ready to serve with rice cube, opor ayam/telur and crackers.
Last night my friend show this kind of food in her Facebook. It’s really mouthwatering. Thanks God, I had some cassava leaves and tuna in can in my fridge. I cooked it this arvo. Had a yummy, delicious, awesome dinner today with tuna stir fry with cassava leaves and hot rice 🙂 It’s really simple to cook, just need about 10 minutes to be ready in your table. If you love veggie, you must try it!
1 pack cooked cassava leaves
1 can tuna
1 clove shallot
2 cloves garlic
4 hot chili, thin slice
salt and sugar to taste
- Ground shallot and garlic.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Put the grounded ingredients and thin slice chili into it.
- Add the cassava leaves and tuna, cook until the color change.
- Add sugar and salt to taste.
- Ready to serve.
If you use raw cassava leaves, you might add some water into it.