This sambal teri kacang can be used for lots of indonesian food like nasi uduk (coconut milk steam rice), lontong medan, and nasi kuning (yellow rice). And also it could last for 1 month in a jar or tight container. Nice to have it as a stock at home. Easy for me to mix it with others for my hubby lunchbox.
Sambal Teri Kacang
- 100 gr dried anchovy
- 100 gr peanut
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cm galangal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbs palm sugar
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 1/2 tbs canola oil
- lemon/lime juice from 1 lemon/lime
1/2 red onion
2 cloves garlic
3 red chilli
1/4 tsp balacan/terasi/shrimp paste
- Fried dried anchovy and peanut.
- Stir fry grounded ingredients, bay leaves, galangal and palm sugar. Add sugar and salt.
- Add dried anchovy and peanut. Stir it. Turn off the stove.
- Pour lemon/lime juice and mixed it well.