Martabak Manis Peanut Butter – Meises – Wijen
Source : Pawonike
- 125 gr plain fluor
- 25 gr sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 175 ml water
- 1/2 tsp dry yeast
- peanut butter
- sesame seed
1. Mixed ingredients A (except dry yeast) using whisk until smooth, add dry yeast, mixed well, closed with plastic wrap and let it for about 2 hrs.
2. Whisk egg, then add baking soda from ingredients B into batter then mixed well.
3. Preheat pan using medium heat. Pour batter into pan then reduce heat. Cook using very low heat. When some hole form, spread sugar on it and put the lid on. Continue cooking until well cooked.
4. Set aside and put on cutting board. Half it. When it still hot, basting it with margarine and put all the filling. Put it all together.
5. Ready to serve.
Made another martabak manis but this time with different filling with the one that i made here. I used ovomaltine for the filling now. Martabak manis is Indonesian pancake, you can easily find it on the street market in Indonesia. It’s originally from Jakarta and Bandung area. Some people also call it Kue Terang Bulan.
Recipe could find here and here.
Nasi Bakar is steam rice filled with meat/chicken/fish/vegetables stir fry wrapped in banana leaf and then grilled on the bbq/stove or in the oven. You can easily find it at Sundanese restaurant. Sundanese restaurant is restaurant which sell West Java food. Usually the side is raw veggies called lalapan like tomato, lettuce and cucumber. You can make it spicy or not, depend on what your liking. This time i make Nasi Bakar with tuna filling.
NASI BAKAR TUNA
For the rice
- 2 cups rice *Measure the rice with a cup that include when you buy the rice cooker.
- 2 lemongrass
- 1 pandan leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- waterFor the tuna
- 1 shallots
- 1 red chili
- 1 lemon grass
- 2 can tuna
- Salt to taste
- banana leaves
- Tooth picks
- Place the rice in the rice cooker pot and simply wash clean and the rice.
- Add lemon grass, pandan leaf and season with salt, top up with water * measure the water according to the most rice cooker instructions recommend.
- Place the pot into the rice cooker, cover it and let it cook until its done or the rice cooker automatically turns off.
- Heat oil in the pan, add the ingredients and stir fry until the fragrant come out.
- Add tuna and mixed well.
- Lay the banana leaves on your flat working place.
- Spread evenly the rice and place the filling on top of steam rice.
- Roll up to a long resemble a tube, secure one end with tooth pick. Hold the rice wrapped and tilt one side.
- Push down the rice through the other hole of the wrap using the back of spoon to make it solid and packed and then secure the other end using tooth pick.
- Meanwhile heat up your grilling, once its hot, grilled the wraps on each side until the wraps just nicely charred or you get the aromatic smell from banana leaf about 5-6 minutes.
- Serve immediately.