Got to clean up refrigerator because we plan to have a long holiday. I had 2 pack of red chilli and 1 pack of hot chilli left in it. Think about something that can use for so many cooking recipe. And yes, sambal is the one that will do it. You can use in balado recipe, for cooking nasi goreng (fried rice) or sambal goreng kentang/udang/hati. So let’s do it!!!
- 350 gr Red Chilli
- 100 gr Hot Chilli
- 400 gr Shallots
- Salt, Sugar to taste
- 1 tsp Chicken Powder
- Vegetable Oil
- Put red chilli, hot chilli and shallot in a blender. Blend it, don’t have to be smooth.
- Heat oil in a pan. Pour chilli mixture into it.
- Cook until change colour and oil come out. Add sugar, salt and chicken stock.
- Cook again for about 5 minutes.
- Ready to serve.
I made Rawon before, you can find the recipe here. As this food is my family favorite, i often made it especially on the weekend. Even though my mom recipe is one of the best that i ever tried, but i always love to try another recipe. This time i tried one from Sajian Sedap website. Let’s just work it out.
Source : Sajian Sedap
500 gr beef
2.000 ml air
5 kaffir lime leaves
2 lemongrass, take only white part
1 green onion
4 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 1/2 tsp sugar
2 tbs canola oil
3 cloves garlic
100 gr kluak
1 tsp turmeric powder
- Put beef with 2000ml water in a pan. Let it boiled.
- Stir fry grounded ingredients, kaffir lime leaves and lemongrass until the fragrant come out. Add green onion. Mixed well. Then add to beef stock.
- Add salt, pepper and sugar. Cook with low heat until meat tender and the ingredients absorbed.
- Ready to serve with warm rice, salted egg, prawn crackers, dried shallot and sambal.