Sosis Solo has been known as the specialty snack from Solo, is made of chopped beef combined with spices wrapped in a thin egg crepes. It’s similar with rissoles but has different kind of filling. Some people said that sosis solo get influenced by sausage roll (Dutch food). The story comes when the colonial came to Indonesia, they ate sausage roll which has minced beef inside wrap with pastry. Because it’s difficult for local people to get sausage roll and of course it’s expensive as well then they come with their creativity try to make food that is similar with sausage roll. They change pastry with the mixture of flour, egg and water. They still used minced beef for the filling but in a simple way and using small amount to reduce the cost. And the most important is the taste be adapted to our local taste. And since that time sosis solo becoming popular. You could easily find it in the market.
Let’s just try it out!!!
50 gr plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
200 ml coconut milk
400gr minced beef
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
50 ml coconut milk
1 tbs oil
2 cloves shallot
5 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp coriander seed
1/8 tsp cumin
- Crepes: Mixed well flor, salt, coconut milk and egg.
- Basting pan with butter and make a thin crepes using medium heat. Set aside. Do until all the mixture finished.
- Filling: Stir fry grounded ingredients. Add minced beef and cook until it change colour. Add coconut milk, salt and sugar. Cook until dry.
- Crack egg on the top and mixed well quickly while it hot.
- Finishing: Took one crepes, put filling on the top and wrap like envelope.
- Heat oil in a pan. Dip it into the egg then fry it until golden brown.
- Ready to serve