I used to love this at Breadtalk when i was living in Jakarta. One of my favourite bread indeed. Everytime I went to Breadtalk, i never forgot to buy it. Now, i tried to make it myself, not the best one but the taste is still good.
ROTI ABON (Chicken Floss Bun)
- 500g Bread flour
- 60g Sugar
- 15g Dry Yeast
- 15g Salt
- 100g Butter
- 5 eggs
- 225g fresh milk
- Abon Ayam (Chicken floss)
- 3 tbs Mayonaise
- 2 tbs Sweetened condensed milk
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, dry yeast, eggs and fresh milk using electronic mixer until it smooth and elastic.
- Add butter and knead the dough again until it smooth and elastic.
- Shape dough into a ball and cover with cotton tea towel and let it rise until doubled in size, about 30-60 minutes.
- Shape dough into small ball about 50 g each and let it rise until doubled in size, about ±30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven 200’C.
- Oven dough for about 10-15 minutes.
- Let it cool then you can put the topping.
- For topping : mixed mayonaise and sweetened condensed milk. Spread on the top of the bread then put chicken floss on top of it.