Have a plan to bring something for my friend on christmas day, don’t have any idea until last minute i saw frozen cassava in my freezer. Then suddenly remember about this lapis singkong, one of traditional snack from Indonesia. It usually had three layer so i think about using christmas colour to make match with christmas theme.
Merry Christmas to all my families and friends, may your life be filled with joy and happiness and may each new day bring you moments to cherish
Source : Pawonike
1 kg frozen grated cassava
350 ml coconut milk
200 gr sugar
2 package agar-agar (white)
1/4 tsp extract vanilla
Food Coloring (Red and Green)
100 gr desicated coconut (for topping), I add a bit of water and put in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Preheat steamer.
- Prepare baking pan, put alumunium foil so it’s easy to take out the cake.
- Mixed all ingredients except desicated coconut.
- Divide cassava mixture into three. Add green colour one part, then add red color to another one part and let it white for the rest.
- Add white mixture into baking pan. Steam for about 15 minutes. Then add green mixture on the top of it and steam again for about 15 minutes. For the last, add red mixture on the very top and steam again for about 30 minutes.
- Take it from the steamer and let it until really cool or you can put it in the fridge.
- Cut into small pieces and roll it into desicated coconut.
- Ready to serve.Notes:
– Let the cake cool before take it out from the pan, better let it overnight in fridge
Always make fermented cassava my self then got some left over. Try to make something different and browsing some recipe until i found this interesting recipe here. All member of my family love doughnut 🙂 So just lets try it out!
- 300 gr bread/pizza flour
- 100 gr plain flour
- 10 gr dry yeast
- 50 gr sugar
- 15 gr milk powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200 gr tape singkong (fermented cassava)
- 1 egg
- 200 ml cold water
- 40 gr margarine
- 1 tsp salt
- canola oil
I used breadmaker so I just put all ingredients in order (liquid first then solid ingredients). Choose dough menu and start.
After the dough ready, weigh around 15r each and make round shape. Do it until dough finished.
Heat the oil in the pan.
Fry it in the hot oil until golden brown.
Put the doughnut on the stick make like satay. And sprinkle some icing sugar on top.
Ready to serve.
The result wasn’t so bad at all. The texture is light even though it’s not as light as potato doughnut.
500 gr cassava
100 gr sugar
200 ml water
½ tsp salt
200 ml coconut milk
1 tbs corn flour, dissolve with water
- Steam cassava until tender. Boiled steamed cassava and water.
- Add sugar, cooked until sugar dissolved and cassava become sweet.
- Add coconut milk and let it boiled.
- Add corn flour mixture and cook until the texture become thick.
- Quickly remove from the heat.
- Ready to serve.
1. Grind all ingredients except cassava. Marinated cassava with the ingredients for about 1-2 hours or you can leave it over night. And it will taste much better.
2. Steamed the cassava.
3. Deep fried it.
4. Ready to serve.