It was a lazy morning when i came to the kitchen and found out that i had a glass full of white eggs. Think about what i should made that morning and at that time, i was craving for something sweet. Browsing on internet and found my favourite kind of cake “chiffon cake”. Let’s just try it out!
180 gr plain flour
20 gr corn flour
100 gr canola/sunflower oil
100 ml orange juice
1 tsp orange essence
450 gr white eggs
130 gr sugar
1 tsp cream of tar-tar
1. Preheat oven 160’C. Mixed well plain flour, corn flour, canola oil, orange juice and orange essence until it formed a paste. Set aside.
2. Using electric mixer, mixed white egss and cream of tar-tar until the foam come out. Add sugar gradually and mixed it until soft peak.
3. Pour white eggs batter into paste batter gradually. Mixed well.
4. Pour the batter into chiffon pan. Bake for about 1 hour. Let it cool completely. Ready to serve.
And for me it was worth to try. The taste was so good. With orange inside makes taste of the cake like it’s not made from just white eggs. And the sponge texture was just perfect. It might be because it has corn flour in the ingredients. It’s really suitable for afternoon tea time. The cake was so light and spongy, one would never enough.
Chiffon Cake was really my own favorite cake. This time I took the recipe from Sedap Sekejap magazine (Sedap Sekejap Edisi 3/III/2002). I brought this magazine from my country 🙂 Actually I grabbed some of my mother’s magazines 🙂 Actually i took the recipe of Chiffon Cake Polos but i modified a bit with chocolate paste, then it would taste a bit of chocolate that’s why i called it chocolate chiffon cake.
8 egg yolks
125 ml canola oil
125 ml water
200 gr plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda kue
8 white eggs
250 ml sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tar-tar
How to Make:
1. Preheat the oven 160′. Sifter the flour, baking powder and soda kue. Add canola oil and water. Mix well then add egg yolk one by one. Mix again until becoming a paste.
2. Using the electric mixer, mix together white eggs, sugar and cream of tar-tar until it stiff.
3. Pour part B into part A and mix well slowly using the spatula. Then add a bit of chocolate paste into the batter.
4. Pour the batter into the chiffon pan. Then bake in the oven for about 1 hr.
5. After it done, try to put the skewer into the cake and it finished when the skewer come out clean. Put the cake upside down and let it cool.