Nasi Bakar is steam rice filled with meat/chicken/fish/vegetables stir fry wrapped in banana leaf and then grilled on the bbq/stove or in the oven. You can easily find it at Sundanese restaurant. Sundanese restaurant is restaurant which sell West Java food. Usually the side is raw veggies called lalapan like tomato, lettuce and cucumber. You can make it spicy or not, depend on what your liking. This time i make Nasi Bakar with tuna filling.
NASI BAKAR TUNA
For the rice
- 2 cups rice *Measure the rice with a cup that include when you buy the rice cooker.
- 2 lemongrass
- 1 pandan leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- waterFor the tuna
- 1 shallots
- 1 red chili
- 1 lemon grass
- 2 can tuna
- Salt to taste
- banana leaves
- Tooth picks
- Place the rice in the rice cooker pot and simply wash clean and the rice.
- Add lemon grass, pandan leaf and season with salt, top up with water * measure the water according to the most rice cooker instructions recommend.
- Place the pot into the rice cooker, cover it and let it cook until its done or the rice cooker automatically turns off.
- Heat oil in the pan, add the ingredients and stir fry until the fragrant come out.
- Add tuna and mixed well.
- Lay the banana leaves on your flat working place.
- Spread evenly the rice and place the filling on top of steam rice.
- Roll up to a long resemble a tube, secure one end with tooth pick. Hold the rice wrapped and tilt one side.
- Push down the rice through the other hole of the wrap using the back of spoon to make it solid and packed and then secure the other end using tooth pick.
- Meanwhile heat up your grilling, once its hot, grilled the wraps on each side until the wraps just nicely charred or you get the aromatic smell from banana leaf about 5-6 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Last night my friend show this kind of food in her Facebook. It’s really mouthwatering. Thanks God, I had some cassava leaves and tuna in can in my fridge. I cooked it this arvo. Had a yummy, delicious, awesome dinner today with tuna stir fry with cassava leaves and hot rice 🙂 It’s really simple to cook, just need about 10 minutes to be ready in your table. If you love veggie, you must try it!
1 pack cooked cassava leaves
1 can tuna
1 clove shallot
2 cloves garlic
4 hot chili, thin slice
salt and sugar to taste
- Ground shallot and garlic.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Put the grounded ingredients and thin slice chili into it.
- Add the cassava leaves and tuna, cook until the color change.
- Add sugar and salt to taste.
- Ready to serve.
If you use raw cassava leaves, you might add some water into it.
REcipe by: REvina
500 gr macaroni
250 gr butter/margarine
1/4 kg shallot
400 gr can tuna
200 ml chicken stock
salt and pepper
1/2 tsp nutmeg
250 ml milk
100 gr shredded cheese ( I forget to use it :))
Put margarine/butter, onion and shallot into pan.
Then put tuna, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mixed well.
Add Macaroni, milk and chicken stock.
Bring to boil. Add eggs, and continue cook.
Ready to serve.