I got one pack macadamia from my friend and I don’t know what to do with that. Then I try to search macadamia recipe in my iphone app and found on allrecipe.com.au. It’s near Anzac Day, so why not making something related to it. So let’s try it out. I repost the recipe here.
Anzac Biscuit with Macadamia
- ¾ cup plain flour
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup chopped and toasted macadamias
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 125 g butter
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 15 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Lightly grease a biscuit tray.
2. In a medium bowl mix the flour, rolled oats, sugar, coconut and macadamia nuts.
3. In a small saucepan combine the water, golden syrup and baking soda. Bring to a boil, then stir in the butter. When butter is melted set aside to cool for 5 minutes, then stir into the flour mixture with a wooden spoon.
4. Place tablespoons of dough onto the prepared biscuit tray and flatten slightly with the back of the spoon. Leave about 3cm between each biscuit.
5. Bake for 12 minutes for chewy biscuits, 15 minutes for crunchy. Remove from the baking sheet to cool on wire racks.