This time we visit Nasi Lemak Korner – Como. It has Malaysian taste. I came here with my husband and my two boys, they are really fans of Asian food. The place is nice and quite cozy. We order nasi goreng and nasi lemak. Those foods that we ordered are really nice. And for the drinks we ordered raspberry mocktail and three layer tea. Love them both. They sometimes have special menu and also special dessert. Lately i’d like to try their durian strudel, but you have to call them first to make sure they have it on the day.
Address : 18 Preston Street, Como, South Perth, Perth, WA
Find more information here
The menu are quite variatif. See the menu on Zomato before you go there. Or you can also see their food menu here.
Three Layer Tea
Victoria Park Hawker’s Market on Friday night, now becoming one of our regular activities for the week. It’s really nice because we could find lots of food from around the world in one place, the other thing that make it perfect is because we can bring our lil puppy ‘Lola’ comes along together to join the crowd. It was a great venue to catch up with friends and family, the music is groovy too. You can bring picnic rug or chair because sometimes it’s hard to find empty table.
Those are some menu that you can have there. From up-left and move clockwise : Pad Thai(Thailand) $6 – Roo Steak Sandwich(Australia) $15 – Spaghetti bolognaise(Italia) $15 – Jamaican bbq jerk chicken(Jamaica) $15. Last night i try Bombolini (Italian Doughnut) $5, a Arancini (Italia) $6 and Portuguese egg tart $4.5 as our dessert. My son bought Lamb Curry Rice (India) $12.5 and my hubby choose Bento Box (Japan) $15 for their dinner.
We haven’t try some of the food there, but we plan to try them next week 🙂
Why not trying something different for your lunch??
Beef Thai Red Curry
- 1 onion
- 1 lemongrass, use only white parts
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3-4 tsp red Thai curry paste
- 200g beef
- 100g bamboo shot
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 300ml can coconut milk
- fresh coriander
- Peel onion and cut in half from top to root. Lay the cut sides flat on a board and thinly slice. Very finely slice the lemongrass.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large saucepan for a couple of minutes until the oil separates . Add the shallots or onion. Fry for 3-5 mins, until soft and translucent. Stir in the curry paste and cook for 1 min, stirring all the time.
- Add beef pieces and stir until they are coated. Add the lemongrass, fish sauce, sugar, kaffir lime leaves and coconut milk. Bring slowly to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 mins until the beef is cooked. Stir the curry a few times while it cooks, to stop it sticking and to keep the beef submerged. Then add bamboo shot and keep cooking.
- While the beef is cooking, strip the leaves from the coriander stalks, gather into a pile and chop very roughly. Taste the curry and add a little more curry paste and salt if you think it needs it. Stir half the coriander into the curry and sprinkle the rest over the top. Serve with Thai jasmine or basmati rice.
At that day, daddy made a surprise for us. He came back early from the office. He said the electricity was down and the building people said to them to leave the office early because it would take a long time to power on. It’s another bless for us, so that we could spent the day together. We decided to go to AQWA = Aquarium of Western Australia. Kiddos love it so much. We had lunch at Little Caesar Pizza at Hillarys. It’s one of the best pizza ever. We had chicken satay pizza and blackforrest pizza for our dessert. After lunch we went to AQWA, which located near the restaurant.
The most interesting in AQWA is we could see all the water animal around the Western Australia. They made a great presentation of each area.
At last but not least enjoy the pics of narcissists mum at AQWA 🙂
The journey is not over yet. We went to cookies galore. For those who like cookies then you might love this place. You could find some yummy cookies. But I had some bad experience here. When arrived in Perth, I just realized that some cookies that I bought there was expired. I already try to contact them through their email but there’s no reply from them til now. So please be very careful if you buy some cookies there, pay more attention on expiry date on the cookies packages.
After that we went to Gracetown as I told you in my previous post. From Gracetown we went to Cowaramup. It’s very special place, you could find some Cow statues at every corner of the town and some souvenir and balloon with cow themes.
We came to Candy Cow Store where you could find a lot of candies, fudge and nougat. The one that I loved was coconut ice.
Next stopped was Cheese Factory. As the name said about cheese, then you could find all about cheese with all the variation. The one that we really liked to buy is cider apple sparkling. It’s a kind of apple juice with sparkling taste. So fresh and simple.
Then we went to chocolate factory where we had our lunch while kiddos played in their backyard. They’re really enjoy the day by playing around with their friends. I bought white chocolate which i loved so much for snacking or drinking. I’m white hot chocolate lover 🙂
At the last time we went to Providore. I bought passion fruit curd and honey. It looks like we all had a great time together. Alright dad? 🙂
Now it’s time to go home. Bu bye Margaret River and around. We’ll missed all the great things there.