Tarts cafe – Northbridge is a favorite spot to have brunch or lunch in Northbridge area. It has fabulous coffee and tea and also some beautiful desserts. They also serve high tea at the weekend. We came there pass the lunch time so we just ordered drinks and light menu like chips. But I definitely want to go back there to try their breakfast and lunch menu which are very mouthwatering.
Tarts Cafe is located at the end of Lake Street so parking is generally not an issue. There are a couple of smaller lanes to turn into that should have parking spots. I came by on Sunday and it’s still not difficult to find a parking. Even if you park a bit far from the cafe, you can also walk around and enjoy the neighborhood which is lovely.
You can check the menu here.
Address: 212 Lake Street, Northbridge
Opening hours: Monday – Sunday 7:00am – 5:00pm
Cafe 2 Twenty Four – Belmont located in Belmont area. It’s found at the opposite of Belmont Forum. I went there with some of my beautiful ladies friends who likes to taste new cafe in town. We grabbed a table inside which is quite enough. I’ve been tempted with their mega shake. I’m bit afraid that it’s gonna be too sweet for me but surprisingly it’s not like what I thought. Everything about the food was so good, beautiful taste. They had gorgeous presentation and very fresh. We spent almost half day there, from dropping our kids at school until pick up time, lol. From coffee to lunch time.
I recommend you to pay a visit to Cafe 2 Twenty Four – Belmont.
For Cafe 2 Twenty Four – Belmont Cafe Two Twenty Four – Belmontcomplete menu, you can see at Zomato . See also their FB Page
Cafe 2 Twenty Four – Belmont
7:00 am – 3:00 pm weekdays (7:30 am – 3:00 pm weekends)
224 Cloverdale Avenue, Cloverdale, Perth, WA
200 gr sugar
200 gr plain fluor
200 ml soda water
1 tsp emulsifier
- Pre-heat steamer until lots of steam come out. Put cupcake paper into muffin/cupcake pan
- Put all ingredients in big bowl. Mix using electric mixer until thick.
- Take half part of batter and add green colour to one part and let the other part as is.
- Pour batter into pan 3/4 height.
- Steam for about 20 minutes.
Still hunting for cheesy cake recipe like i bought before. This time my friends mbak Hesti gave me the recipe. Even it’s still not the same with it but this cheesy chiffon cupcake is so yummy. Thanks for the recipe mbak Hesti 🙂
Cheesy Chiffon Cupcake
– 110 gr white eggs
– 55 gr sugar
– 5 gr maizena/corn flour
– 40 gr egg yolks
– 36 gr water
– 36 gr canolla oil
– 50 gr plain flour
– 24 gr cheese powder (i used grated cheddar cheese)
– 40 gr cheddar cheese, cut diced
– 1/4 sdt salt
- Preheat oven 325C/160C.
- Put egg yolks, water, canolla oil and salt in a big bowl. Mixed well using whisk. Add plain flour and cheddar cheese grated. Mixed well.
- In another bowl, mixed white eggs and sugar using hand mixer. Reduce the speed, add corn flour and mixed well. Turn off the mixer.
- Gently fold in 1/3 of the egg whites mixture into the egg yolks mixture. When everything well combine then gently fold in the 1/2 of the remaining egg whites mixture. Lastly, fold in the remaining egg whites mixture. (Note: This stage took some times and patient and practice. Make sure all the egg whites mixture well combine with the egg yolks mixture without breaking the egg whites. Little egg whites left will cause a big hole in the cake during baking. And, over mixing will cause it hardly rise during the baking.)
- Fold in the cheese cubes into the mixture and pour it into cup liner with 3/4 height. Put in cupcake/muffin pan.
- Put in the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
– 3 egg yolks
– 3 white eggs
– 125 gr sugar
– 125 gr plain flour
– 100 gr margarine
– 200 gr fermented cassava
-1 tbs sweet condensed milk
– 20 gr, cheddar cheese, grated
– Throw away cassava fermented fiber, add sweet condensed milk, mix well. set aside.
– Put sugar and margarine into mixer bowl and mix it until light and fluffy.
– Add egg yolks one by one into the sugar mixture. mix well.
– Add cassava mixture, then plain flour. Mix well. set aside.
– Put white eggs into a bowl then mix it using electric mixer or hand mixer until stiff. Pour into sugar mixture bit by bit and stir it well.
-Prepare muffin/cupcake pan, put cupcake paper and pour the mixture into it until full. spread the cheese on the top of those.
– Bake in the oven at 160’C for about 30 minutes or do skewer test.
I love to have banana at home for my boy lunch box. And I love banana actually 🙂 so no wonder if i always bought banana almost every week.
2 cups self-raising flour
3/4 cup caster sugar
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 large (200gr) banana, mashed
2. 59g eggs, lightly beaten
125g butter, melted, cooled
- Preheat oven 180′. Prepare muffin/cupcake pan, put the cupcake patty cases inside the pan.
- Combine ingredients into a large bowl. Using an electric mixer beat on low speed until combined; increase speed to medium and beat for about 1 minute or until there are no lumps. Do not over beat.
- Divide mixture into prepared patty cases.
- Put into oven and cooked for about 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
One of our friends had a new comer in their family. I think about making baby theme cupcakes for them. And ta…ra….ra……those cupcakes are ready just in time. I made vanilla cupcake for the base of cupcakes.
Quick Mix Basic Cupcakes
1 3/4 cups self-raising fluor
3/4 cup caster sugar
2/3 cup milk
2x59g eggs, lightly beaten
125g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven 180 degree.
- Combine ingredients into a large bowl. Using an electric mixer beat on low speed until combined, increased speed to medium and beat for about 1 minute or until there are no lumps. Do not over beat.
- Divide mixture into prepared patty cases. And put in the oven for about 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool before finishing with the garnished.
I made it in the spirit of celebrating my country Independence day. Not really satisfied with the photo but at least love to have sweet treats for iftar 🙂 As usual i loved to make a simple recipe where I can make it while I take care my little baby boy.
6 pieces pie pastry
500 cc milk
100 gr caster sugar
5 eggs yolk
30 gr corn flour
1 tbs butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mixed corn flour and 2 tbs milk. Add eggs yolks. Set a side.
- Add remaining milk and caster sugar into pan, bring to boiled. Pour mixed corn flour and egg yolks, let it boiled in a few second.
Put filling into pie pastry and garnish with all the fruit you want. (here i only used strawberry)
Dalam rangka ikutan ajang masak-memasak online, akhirnya memberanikan diri untuk bikin bolkus. Ini salah satu kue favoritku 😀 Ambil resep Bu Fat lagi ah….
200 gr gula pasir
2 btr telur
200 gr tepung terigu
200 ml air soda (misal: Sprite)
1 sdt emulsifier (misal: SP)
- Taruh semua bahan dalam wadah, kocok dengan hand mixer sekaligus hingga kental.
- Ambil sebagian, beri warna sesuai selera.
- Tuang kedalam cetakan bolu kukus yang telah dialasi kertas, adonan putih dan adonan warna.
- Kukus dalam dandang yang telah beruap banyak selama 20menit.