The northern red snapper, Lutjanus campechanus, is a species of snapper native to the western Atlantic Ocean including the Gulf of Mexico, where it inhabits environments associated with reefs. Wikipedia
Indonesia has lots of different culinary because it has lots of cities with their own uniqueness. Now we’re going to Northern part of Indonesia. To the Island called Sulawesi. Sambal Dabu-Dabu is culinary from Manado, which located in North Sulawesi. It also the capital city of North Sulawesi. The sambal made from fresh ingredients. It taste hot, sour and there’s a bit sweetness in there which made it so delicious. The texture should be a bit crunchy because of the fresh shallot/red onion and chillies.
Ikan Bakar Sambal Dabu-Dabu
- 2 Red Snappers
- sweet soy sauce
- Clean the fish. Rub with crushed garlic, salt and sweet soy sauce.
- Basting fish with oil. Grilled in the oven or on the bbq.
- Basting with remaining ingredients a few time until cooked well.
- Set aside while we make sambal dabu-dabu.
Sambal dabu-dabu is Sambal made of chillies, tomatoes, shallot/red onion and lime juice.
5 hot chillies
1/2 red onion
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp sugar
1 tbs lime juice
5 tbs oil
- Mix well all ingredients except oil.
- Hot oil in a pan, then pour it to the mixture. Mixed well.