Some Indonesian love to eat with sambal, including me (of course, lol). This kind of sambal are really hot. You could reduce the use of hot chilli or you could just use red chilli if you don’t like it hot. But don’t forget to discard the seed because it’s reduce the heat as well. You could just eat sambal with warm rice and dried fish and raw veggie. Indonesian people said “nikmat bangeettttt” (so delish). We could consume lots of rice and it’s not good for my weight, lol. So don’t make sambal too often.
- 50 gr red chilli
- 15 hot chilli
- 5 cloves indonesian shallot or 1 onion/red onion (here I used only 1-2 shallot, because shallot that i found in here has bigger size compare to indonesian shallot)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chicken stock (if you like)
- 2-3 tbs canola oil
- Grind red chilli, hot chilli, shallot and garlic using grinder or you could just use blender/chopper.
- Heat oil in a pan. Stir fry the ingredients and add salt, sugar, chicken stock (if you used it) to taste.
- Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Ready to serve. Or you could put it in a jar and keep in the fridge for about 2-4 weeks.