It’s one of Indonesian traditional food. My husband favorite 🙂 I think it suitable food for following Indonesia Food Party event from Bonita’s.
2 potatoes, cut into small dice cube.
300 gr chicken/beef liver, cut into small pieces.
2 cm galangal
2 bay leaves
2 sdm sweet soy sauce
salt, palm sugar and sugar
200 ml coconut milk
100 ml water
4 cloves shallots
5 cloves garlics
9 red chili
1. Heat the pan. Put grounded ingredient, galangal, bay leaves, lemon grass and stir fry until the flavor come out.
2. Fried potatoes and chicken liver.
3. Put the fried potatoes and chicken liver into the pan. Cook for about 10 minutes then pour coconut milk, bring to boil.
4. Pour the water into the pan, and let it dried.
5. Ready to serve.
-Serve with warm rice.
-You can skip the coconut milk if you like, some people do that.
-You can add some hot chili if you want the taste more spicy.
Beef bone soup is one of my kiddos favorite. Even my youngest one who are fussy eater, he could ate this a lot. It’s just simple, looks like a bit of oxtail soup. But I make a bit modification in it.
500 gr beef bone
1 star aniseed
salt and pepper to taste
1 whole carrot
1 whole celery stalk
2 cloves shallot
5 cloves garlic
1 celery stalk, cut into small pieces
2 carrot, cut into small pieces
celery leaf cut into small pieces
1. Make broth: Bring to boil beef, whole carrot, whole celery stalk and potato until beef tender.
2. Put all the ground ingredient, cardamoms, star aniseed and cloves.
3. Put into the pot small carrot and celery stalk. Cook for about 20 minutes.
4. Put salt and pepper to taste.
5. Put in a bowl, garnish using celery leaf and fried shallot.
6. Ready to serve.